Asset Support Group is committed to achieving the highest standards of Health, Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) performance. In doing so, we aim to create and maintain a healthy and safe work environment for all employees, contractors, customers and the community throughout all our business activities.
To achieve this Asset Support Group will:
- Provide and maintain healthy and safe work areas, while maintaining plant safety and equipment through a proactive approach to identification and assessment of workplace hazards and control of risk.
- Provide safe systems of work to minimise the risk of injury to personnel and damage to the environment.
- Comply with all relevant legislative requirements including regulations, standards and codes of practice, and legislative requirements do not exist where appropriate.
- Implementing standards that reflect the Company’s commitment to safety, health and the environment.
- Maintain a consultative approach involving employees and customers in the improvement of safety, health and environmental performance.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate supervision by utilising our vast knowledge of OH&S requirements.
- Provide appropriate information, instruction and training to employees so that they are able to carry out their roles safely, in a manner consistent with the company’s high standards.
- Communicate openly with employees and the government on occupational health, safety and environmental issues; ensure that all employees and visitors are informed of and understand their obligations in respect of this policy.
All Asset Support Group managers, supervisors and employees are accountable for health, safety and environmental performance in their area
All employees are expected to follow safe work practices, observe company safety rules and report workplace hazards, incidents and near misses to management. Everyone is expected to use his or her job skill and knowledge and training to improve safety and to protect the environment.